Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Forex Day Trading System : My trade on EUR/USD

Forex Day Trading System : My trade on EUR/USD

In my last post I mentioned that I opened a EUR/USD trade on a buy side at 1.3306 with target of 1.3345. I kept the stop at 1.3268..

Currently I am 80 pips profit since the EUR bounced higher crossing the double top of 1.3345 resistance. Due to this, I closed on half of the position at 1.3345. This is a gauranteed 39 pips profit for me..The other I am keeping afloat to book more profits.

In between, my trade was in 30 pips loss and as per my trading rules, once the currency pair breaks below a particular EMA level, am supposed to close the trade..However I identified that the 1.3375 was a strong support level with currency pair of EUR/USD consistently bouncing from that, so I stayed in the trade despite it required me to bend my trading rules.

In a nut shell, this trade converted from forex day trading to swing trading.

Different people have different trading styles - Some generally like to have some strategies that are more of trading guidelines and have flexibility of defying them as per forex market conditions like the example mentioned above. Other prefer to have a total mechanical approach. They are the ones that generally don't put too much of focus on technical indicator and their analysis such as mACD, RSI or even EMA (exponential moving average) for that matter.

Many of you have sometimes asked me which ebook is the best for finding the strategies..1st of all, in my blog itself if you continously follow, I reveal strategies from time to time as and when I come across any..However, if you are looking for a specialized ebook that mentions inside out of a forex trading strategy, here are the 2 books which I recommend on the basis of limited trades I placed using the currency trading system mentioned in them -

1. Mechanical trading style - For, this style of traders, the book I recommend is Forex Trading Machine by Avi Frister. I placed 4 swing trades using cash cow system out of which 3 were profitable. Total profit 210 pips.

2. Flexible trading style - These traders should definitley buy 5 EMA forex trading system by Adam Burgoyne. Great system..I placed 3 trades using my demo account on this with total profit of 177 pips.

So, decide what is your trading style and if you are looking for a system, then above mentioned two ebooks should be bought. However, use the strategies mentioned in them in your demo account 1st. Also, if you are totally new to forex trading, I suggest you to learn the important technical indicators 1st.

Thats all in this message..Visit again to learn more on online currency day trading.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Money Maker - not the poker player I hope :) Thanks for the links to the books. I'm going to try them out this weekend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

 
Join my list for insider tips on Forex Trading!!
Once you join, you'll receive an amazing forex trading strategy for FREE

:
:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?